2018 really came at us hard. At the beginning of January my husband ended up spending a week in the hospital for an unforeseen health scare. That event forced us to stop, take a look around, and re-evaluate some things in our life.
As we are trying to find our life ‘cruise control’ again we decided to put our home on the market and move. It’s definitely stressful but we are hoping the short term stress reduces long term stress. Our goal is to take advantage of the housing market right now and position ourselves closer to work. We are anxious, overwhelmed, scared and excited all at the same time. When you go through big life changes like 2018 has thrown at us it’s important to surround yourself with the best team of people. We are so thankful for our parents who are helping us make sure we stay level-headed about prospective homes. We also have a great real estate team working for us and make this a heck of a lot less stressful than I’m sure it could be. When the process is over with I will share the team with you all!
Here’s where we are at in the process:
– Our home hits the market tomorrow
– We put an offer in on the first home we loved and wrote a note to the owner about how much we wanted it. The seller declined our offer so our search continued (competition is rough out there right now)
– We are under contract on a home but found out it needs a new roof
Things we haven’t figured out:
– What do we do with the dogs when we are both at work and there’s a showing at our house
– If we back out of the home we are under contract on now and our home sells… we have to find a short-term place to live
So, life is crazy right now but we are taking it one day at a time and are hoping it will all be worth it in the end!